Saturday, August 10, 2013

Makeup of the Moment

I've finally decided to dip my pedicured toes (Illamasqua Noble to be exact) into the world of makeup blogging.  I've done my fair share of nail art blogging but I've never ever blogged about makeup even though I talk about it constantly on my Youtube channel! Not sure what my malfunction is but....today that all changes!

So for my first official makeup post, I thought I'd take it easy and ease my way in. So today my loves, you get to see the makeup I've been loving and wearing quite a bit as of late.



I suppose I'll discuss them in the order I put them on ma face....here goes nothin...

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona- 


 I do quite adore this foundation especially for summer! Although this shade is a bit too light for me (#sunbathingproblems) I still find a way to make it work and trust me, it is worth it! Easy to blend, lasts all dang day and above all it gives me the dewy healthy look I love in a foundation! The one thing I will say is shade selection is hard with this line. They're either too yellow or too pink.  But if you can find a shade to suit you, this foundation will be your new best friend, especially if you're a lizard like me!

Bare Minerals Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer- 



This puppy is a momma smacker in a tube.  I ADORE THIS STUFF!! Hands down, the best eyelid primer I have ever used.  It's the only thing that keeps my oily eyelids at bay. I have tried tons and I mean tons of primers and this is the only one that holds my shadow for up to 14 hours like a boss! The original and the brightening are both amazing....take your pick!

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette- 


This is a long time love of mine and for a very good reason! The thin precision point tip is awesome for getting in there and really shaping your brows.  Filling in my brows is the only part of my routine that I despise.  I know, I know, they're not supposed to be twins, but my furry friends are not even sisters....more like distant 3rd cousins. But this magical pencil helps to keep me sane and make my brows look somewhat normal.  Lasts all day, doesn't smudge and keeps me from hitting up the Jack Daniels out of pure frustration!

Tarte Amazonian Clay Concealer in Medium- 

A newbie to my arsenal of concealers, this little lady is hard working and long lasting without turning me into a cakey mess.  This baby is blendable, but a bit thick at the same time (in a good "cover up those 3 hours of sleep' kind of way). Pop a little setting powder on top and this momma smacker will take you through the day.  She'll even be around if you decide to hit up the club and shake  your money maker into the wee hours of the mornin.....which explains why we need a kick ass concealer in the first place!
Nars And God Created the Woman Palette- 



These shadows are crazy pigmented and blend beautifully, especially for a shadow noob like myself.  Countless combinations and finishes to choose from whether you want matte, shimmer or a little bit of both. (Women are indecisive, we need options here people). I find myself grabbing for this palette almost on the daily.  It's fool proof and gorgeous, which is what this clumsy "I'd rather be painting my nails" girl needs!

Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara- 

I love a good lengthening mascara, and Doll Lashes has been my latest obsession. The christmas tree looking wand pumps up your lashes and makes them look fake....this is the only time fake is a good thing! 2 coats and you're on your way with flirty, long "look at me dammit" lashes!

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Light/Medium- 



Ok first can we please talk about the smell of this baby? It's safe to say that I'm craving a Snickers every time I wear this bronzer! It smells exactly like chocolate.....fresh, just made chocolate. Totally matte, easy to just slap on, or if your feeling randy, contour the hell out of your face and make the cheekbones that you were meant to have! Perfect for lazy weekends when you just want a hint of color, and equally as perfect on those night's out when you want to channel your inner drag queen! And did I mention she smells like freaking chocolate?!?

Nars Deep Throat Blush- 



Yes that is really the name of this gorgeous blush.  Someone at Nars was feeling a little froggy when naming day came around. If you can get past the awkward moment when someone asks you what blush you're wearing and you have to squeak out "Oh this, this is just Deep Throat", I promise you the color is well worth it! I love this blush for one reason....she's easy like sunday mornin! You don't even need a mirror, just slap a little on your apples and be on your merry way! She's pigmented, long lasting and gives just the tiniest bit of shimmer. If Nars Orgasm is too much for you, Deep Throat will be just right....that looks even worse typed out than it did in my head....

Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten- 



If you've been searching for the perfect highlighter, look no further. I have found it for you! Anything with the name "Stila" and "Kitten" on it is bomb and this beauty is no different. Whether you want a gold highlight or my preferred weapon, pinky perfect shimmer, this adorable little compact has it. You can dust just a tiny bit on for that healthy glow or go all Dancing with the Stars, the choice is yours. Either way, Kitten will give you whatever look you are searching for and the best part....the glow will last all day so you can samba your way into the night...

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Fly High- 

Possibly the best lipstick I've ever tried, Fly High is creamy, pigmented and the perfect shade of dusty rose. I didn't realize a lipstick could be as moisturizing as a lip balm....until I tried Fly High. The entire Marvelous Moxie line is amazing....but this color, hold me back, I feel some violence coming on.  Once you see how moisturizing this line of lipsticks is, you may flush all your other "not worthy" lipsticks down the toilet. Just don't send me the plumbing bill!

Are you all still with me, phew, that was a long one!

Hope you guys enjoyed my first big girl makeup post! Let me know if you try any of the products out or.....recommend some new one's for me to play with? I mean come on, a girl can never have too much makeup!

Happy....oh geez...ummm...happy makeup applying? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!

    I've been following your blog for quite some time now but have never commented (not sure why). :)

    I enjoyed this makeup blog post, keep them coming! Most of the brands you mention are not available to us here in South Africa but I can recommend some other products. The Stila Convertible Color blushes are amazeballs, literally any of the NYX butter glosses and the Estée Lauder eyeshadow duo in Raisins. We are nearing the end of our Winter here so these have been firm favourites of mine this season.

    Love your Instagram pics on your makeup hauls, it's like I'm living vicariously through you!

    Have a great weekend!

    Luzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost purchased the Tarte concealer but ended up with their maracuja one - I like it but still want to try the stick concealer.
    Nice picks :)

    ReplyDelete