Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Essie Van D'Go and a Sassy Camera Shy Neon!

Hi guys!! *waves furiously*  I have been sleeping like crap lately and I feel like my entire "routine" is a bit willy nilly, if you know what I mean. One little hiccup and the whole day goes to hell in a hand basket.

Anywhoo, I did a few swatches for you lovely people.....it's been a while since I've sat down and just tried a color without going balls to the wall with nail art.  *gasp*  No nail art?! Nope, not tonight, but don't fret my pets, I have a super fun 4th of July post coming up in the next day or so with lots of nail art madness!

The first act of the night is Essie Van D'Go:



Suddenly I feel like beating a baby....is that wrong of me?

This little gem is a classic!  This was one of my first ever Essie polishes.  I wore this before I was nail polish obsessed!  Yes, there was a time I walked this earth and didn't think about polish 23 out of 24 hours of the day.  It was a sad sad time and we won't talk about it.  :)

This polish reminds me a lot of one of my all times faves, Essie Fiji but it's a bit more on the peachy side of the rainbow.  She is totes opaque (yes I said totes, shoot me) in 2 coats and the formula is great.  Most milky pinks tend to be streaky and a real pain in the arse but not this little lady!  I had no issues with streaking (she kept her clothes on the whole time) or those dreaded "bald" spots.  Definitely will be seeing this beauty in my July favorites!

Next up is a gorgeous polish that is a bit camera shy and none too photogenic, China Glaze I'm with the Lifeguard:


This typical neon pageant queen took one look at my camera and gave it the middle finger!  She was not interested in smiling or posing.  I even tried dancing a stuffed animal above the lens while saying, "lifeguard look at mommy, come on, look at mommy". Yeah no luck.... she called me a bitch and told me to take a hike.  Ungrateful little heifer.

Either way she is a gorgeously perfect polish!  A bit brighter in person but what's a little "not perfectly true to color" between friends.....can you tell I"m a bit OCD when it comes to making sure you guys get perfectly spot on pictures?

This polish is the bomb.com, there I said it....the freaking bombdotfreakingcom.  Nobody does summer neons like China Glaze, nobody at all. This hot mama is from last year's collection but ever so worthy of a 2013 appearance!!  Every summer they come out with an amazing summer line of polishes!  I look forward to it every year!  I do have an entire post coming up dedicated to the beauty that is the China Glaze Summer Neon 2013 line!  IT...IS...AMAZING!!

The formula on this little shy girl was typical of neon polish....sheer but easily buildable.  I used 3 coats for the above picture.  Other than that the formula was great!  Easy peasy lemon squeezey!  This is a beautiful color to wear on toes with a little bit of a tan....I can already feel my hand tingling with mama smacking excitement!

I am loving summer so much and I am totally (I already used up my "totes" quota for the night) taking advantage of neons and gorgeous summery shades!  

What are you guys loving for summer?  Do you lean more toward girly pinks or "in your face" neons?  I can't choose, you guys know I love em all!  If it's in a glass bottle and has a little brush, I will put it on one of my ten appendages!

Until tomorrow my loves!

Happy Polishing Dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment