Sunday, June 30, 2013

Illamasqua Heaven....and the clouds to go with it!

Hi babes, did everyone have a nice weekend?  I cleaned and sat poolside for a bit.  Uneventful but that's sometimes a good thing right?  I am ready to get back to filming and a face of makeup tomorrow! 2 days without makeup is way too long for me....does that sound silly?  Doing my makeup in the morning has become sort of a ritual of sorts for me.  I miss it when I don't get to do it....such a girl!

On a brighter note, Dexter starts tonight!!! Are any of you as obsessed as I am with that show??  I won't go on and on but I will say that I will cry buckets when it is over for good! Buckets I tell you!!

Focus woman and get on with the nails....

I got bored at the pool (no offense mom, you were playing with my kids at the time) so I picked all of my polish off.  Nothing I hate more than chipped picked off polish so I ran right home and got these biatches in order.  I was a bit stumped on what to do so I pulled out the ol' Illamasquas and got down to bidness!




Whaddya think?  I almost did a gradient, then a dotticure but I settled on clouds.  I must say I love these colors together!  I do feel myself getting into a bit of a "routine" with my nail art.  I need to expand my horizons, any ideas for me? New things to try out, something I haven't tried before?

If you're not sure how I did these cute little clouds, here's a little tutorial I did a few months ago that should help!

Illamasqua Jo'Mina, Illamasqua Noble and China Glaze Glistening Snow were my choices for this mani.  Everytime I use these Illamasqua beauties, I don't ever want to pick up another brand of polish!  The formula is unreal, seriously unreal!  They go on like buttah and are so opaque it should be illegal!  Mama smacking is a definite if you use any of these sexpots so get your hand greased up and ready to do some damage!

Glistening Snow is another polish that I cannot get enough of.  It's from the China Glaze Holiday 2012 Collection and I picked it up on a whim.  Now, as my only bottle gets close to empty, I am smacking myself (I guess this could be considered self inflicted mama smacking) because I didn't grab 10 backups.  I LOVE this glitter polish.  She is totally opaque in 2 coats and so incredibly beautiful!  I don't have any other glitter polish that goes on so smooth and opaque.  China Glaze needs to make this part of their core collection because it is amazing, excuse me.... AMAZING!!  The glitter is so finely milled and micro perfect that it just goes on like a regular polish but you get all the shimma shimma of a chunky "doesn't play nice with others" glitter.  I will be cruising Amazon for a few backups because this is definitely a polish I cannot live without (drama queen in full effect tonight kids)!

Alright, I hear my serial killer boyfriend calling me from the tv, until tomorrow my loves!

Happy Polishing kittens!


No comments:

Post a Comment