Sunday, June 23, 2013

Essie Gradient and a side of Dot!

Hello kitty kats, summer is in full swing and I couldn't be happier!  The hotter the better for me!  When it gets all sticky and humid like this I just want to bust out the brights and get my summer on!

So I was feeling like a gradient which is rare for me.  They are quite easy to do but a pain in the arse to clean up!  But I sucked it up and got rollin on a look that I must say, turned out exactly how I planned!


Ooooh hide your mama's!

For this little peach, I used Essie Orange It's Obvious and Essie Watermelon.  These babies go together like peanut butter and (I don't think you're ready for this) jelly. 

The gradient looks like a sunset doesn't it?  I know sometimes people have issues with these gradients.  I am going to be doing a video tutorial on my Youtube channel so that you guys can actually see how I do it.

You basically put down a white base, pop on a fast dry top coat (hello Seche Vite) and dab the polishes on with a damp makeup sponge. (it's a little bit more than that but you get the idea!)  If you guys would like a picture tutorial on the blog, let me know and I can get one crack a lackin for you fine little nail lovers.

For my index and pinky fingers, I did, excuse me....DOT did her favorite Dotticure using both sides of a dotting tool. (one end is large, the other is baby baby).  Sheesh, she gets so touchy if I try to take credit for a few dots.  What a biznatch. (For those of you who don't know what the heezy I'm talking about...Dot is my alter ego and she is a huge skanky bitch)

 I do have a tutorial on this design on my youtube channel....I'm thinking of doing an updated one now that I have a big girl camera and HD jazz-ola.  Let me know what you guys think!

Sooooo....I hope you babes enjoyed!  I guess I should do something with myself today.  Does watching YouTube makeup tutorials count as doing housework?  I vote YES!!!

Hey maybe I can make Dot do some chores for me....

Happy Polishing my loves!!




No comments:

Post a Comment