Saturday, September 1, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day one, Red Nails, eeek!!

Yay Saturday!!  I just love the weekends, it's my "catch up time" for everything.  Still can't believe Labor Day is this Monday.  I feel like summer just started and we are already "celebrating" the end of it.  Waaahhh, I don't like it one bit!


So I have been going back and forth on the whole challenge thing.  For those of you who don't know I'll explain as best I can.  This is my first challenge so I'm learning right along with you......A blogger hosts a challenge of his/her choosing.  It can be themed, based on pretty much anything and it can be any length of time they choose.  Each day there is a different challenge, could be color, could be a particular type of nail art, anything they want.  The people who participate link their posts and pictures to the host bloggers site for everyone to see....that's pretty much the basics of it. I have wanted to do one for awhile and this one looks like a good one.  It's being hosted by Rachel at Polished Criminails.  She has combined the challenge with 30 days of untrieds (using at least one of your untried polishes each day) which I think is a great idea!  I have way too many untried polishes!  


Day one of the challenge is red nails.  For those of you who know me well, you know that I despise red nail polish.  You will never catch me leaving the house with red nails unless there is an insane amount of nail art involved.  I like it on other people, just hate it on myself.  


I purchased this Sally Hansen polish a few days ago to incorporate into my nail art.  It's called Xtreme Wear Tout Sorbet and is was perfect for this challenge because honestly, I do not have much red polish to choose from.  I topped it with one coat of Spoiled Jewelry Heist












For a red polish I actually kind of like it.  Red is just not my thing.  The formula on this polish was very unique.  It was almost a jelly and a neon finish in one.  It dried matte but went on like a jelly, very odd.  Not bad just different. It also was a very sheer polish.  But once the glitter was involved you couldn't really notice.  Application was fine, no dragging, no pulling.  My pics are all 2 coats. 






Hopefully we all make it through this challenge in one piece!  I am very happy to get the red nail day behind me. I am determined to see this challenge through the entire month.  There may be some cursing, there may be some bottles tossed across the room.....but that happens regularly around here.



Happy Polishing friends and happy freakin weekend!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the festive look!

    You can go get the code to add the inLinkz app to your post here -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UJs0KQ-drJR4_0K-fzbmb1J-EvhFJviAniJtPyCROrU/edit?pli=1. You'll have to add each day separately though.

    ReplyDelete