Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Nails....Go USA!

So I have to admit I haven't been following the Olympics as much as I thought I would. The hubby isn't interested and between kids and nails, who has time?But I am still rooting for the good ol' US of A. So I decided to try out what else? Red white and blue nail art. I am NOT a fan of red nail polish on my hands. I don't mind it on my toes but I actually really hate it on my fingernails. It stains, it gets all in the cuticles, I just don't like it. But I bit the bullet and did a triple back hand spring  cartwheel right over to my nail table.

I was going to do a water marble but I just couldn't bring myself to spend all that time rubbing elbows with red nail polish. So instead I did 2 simple designs.



The red I used was Essie Forever Yummy, which is your classic run of the mill red, and I must say, it is quite pretty. The blue was China Glaze Man Hunt from the 2012 Safari Collection. I haven't swatched this one yet but, man oh man, she is going to be one of the first fall colors I put on these tootsies. The white was China Glaze White on White, my go to white.

After this simple design, I still wasn't satisfied so I took it all off and started over. My husband laughed at me and said, " I will never understand women." I don't think he gets the "put it on, take it right off" philosophy I have adopted lately. Hehe.




I used the same colors for this one. The black around the ring finger design and the "Go USA" was done with a Sally Hansen nail art pen. I just bought my first one and really like it. I used to think it was cheating to use one of these and not do it with a brush. (I still do kind of think that, but work with me here people)  They do come in handy for writing and really small detail. Look at that little pinky finger tuxedo, how cute is he? 

I liked the ring finger better before I added the black.



One more view....for some reason my pictures always turn out better when I take a pic this way....




Check my blog out later this week when this Greek goddess shows some love for Greece!  I'm excited for you all to see what I did, I think they turned out really well!!


Post your Olympic nails to my facebook page, I'd love to see them!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment