Saturday, July 28, 2012

New Essie Mirror Metallics Collection

Happy Saturday nail polish lovers, today I have the entire Essie Chrome Collection. Now first off let me say, I am the biggest Essie fan you will find. I love all of their polishes, and they hold a special place in my heart because they are, in fact, what started my obsession with nail polish.

I tried to swatch them last week and after fighting for about an hour I gave up. The polish was dragging, thick and a hot mess in general. Today I tried again with no base coat, and whaddya know, I didn't have nearly as much trouble. I would highly recommend skipping the base coat with these babies.

First up we have Nothing Else Metals, a pretty lilac in the bottle but on the nails pretty much looks silver. Dragging was minimal, and this as most of the others could be a one coater.



See what I mean about looking silver?

Next up we have Penny Talk, a copper color that I actually really liked even though it matched my tan skin quite a bit.




The pics don't do it justice...these all were really hard to photograph. IRL it is a lot more "penny colored". The formula on this one was nice, again could be a one coater but I did 2.

Here is a shade pic, I think you can get the color a little more in this one.



Blue Rhapsody is a gorgeous pigmented blue that was by far the winner of the bunch. The formula on this little baby was the least difficult, although they all were a little tricky. Once again pics don't do this justice, it was really stunning on.


This looks silver in the sun, and as hard as I tried I couldn't get that to go away, Here's one in the shade, a little more true to form.



AAAAAGGGHHH, it stills looks silver. But I promise it was much bluer (is that a word? looks a little suspect) in person. This was 2 coats.


Introducing the delinquent of the gang, there's always one isn't there? She fought with me every step of the way and showed all my ridges even though I asked her nicely not to. Good to Gold is a very pretty bright gold that just didn't want to play nice. Formula wasn't great, but the color is amaze-balls if you are looking for a saturated gold to stand out maybe in nail art. She's a bitch but I know I will try again, she really is a beaut.



And a shade pic...


These honestly killed me, what a pain in the ass to photograph.


Last but not least we have No Place Like Chrome, a pretty opaque silver that was truly a one coater. Odd that a silver would be a one coater but this baby is saturated. Very pretty. Formula was good.



And a little slim shade-y, yes I know, that was bad.



Look at that saturation....so pretty.

Last but certainly not least we have the glitter of the group, Stroke of Brilliance. This is a very pretty "not navy, not baby" blue. I don't know that I have ever had a glitter this color, and trust me, I have a LOT of glitter. Definitely worth the money. I layered this over No Place Like Chrome, and it looked so cool. I wore it all day, which for me is saying something.



Sorry for the inside pics, but I was getting ready to leave and had to put a little rush on things. Either way you can tell how gorgeous this is. If you are looking for a pretty blue glitter this is your girl!!



All in all Essie did ok with this collection. Stroke of Brilliance is definitely worth buying as is Blue Rhapsody. The others I could live without although I'm sure I could find uses for them in nail art. I think what bothered me the most was my nail ridges, which I really have very little of. These babies are not forgiving at all. If you have nails with a lot of ridges I definitely suggest buffing and applying a ridge filler before hand.

What do you guys think of the new Essie Mirror Metallics Collection? Are you going to purchase any of these?   PHEW, my first full collection  post, hope you guys enjoyed. Happy Saturday All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment