Wednesday, November 27, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand Nail Art...and Giving Thanks!

Hello my little turkeys....yes I have Thanksgiving on the brain! I am waking up at 5 and shoving a big ass bird into my oven. Just another day at the YWP compound!

So I sat down to do my nails and surprisingly I was in the mood for sparkles....but dark sparkles. I was a bit perplexed until I remembered one little beauty of mine that would work perfectly!

 To create this hot mama, I used Essie Glamour Purse as a base on every nail except my ring finger. This beauty is quickly nudging Mink Muffs out of the #1 spot of my most loved brown polish. I was never one for murky browns but for some reason we now are best friends and even wearing matching outfits....can you say twinning?

I then pulled out the star of the show....OPI What Wizardry is This? and got down to bid-nass! I taped off my index and pinky nails with striping tape and applied one thin layer of WWIT. My middle finger was happy to sport some simple dots and we left it at that! I loved this color so much that I had to put it on my ring finger all by itself. Sometimes polishes are so gorgeous that they should be left untouched and this baby beater is one of those shades. I cannot wait to do a full mani with just this color.

So you're probably thinking....um excuse me woman but why is your Liquid Sand polish not liquid sandy at all? I couldn't resist...I had to pull out the Seche Vite and gloss everything up! I do like this one as a textured polish but tonight I was craving sparkles (which is rare so I had to ride that train as far as I could) and I knew top coating her would result in glittery brown goodness.


Can you even stand how beautiful this polish is? I do feel a bit bad showing this hot mama off considering it was in a collection that was out quite a while ago...Oz The Great and Powerful to be exact. Buuuuuut....I checked online and this is readily available on Amazon and Ebay so if you need a fix a fix you shall have!

I haven't used too many textured polishes but out of the ones I have tried, this sexpot has the best formula by far of any of them!! This polish basically applies itself! If you love textured polishes, WWIT is a must have! Put down the turkey leg and get to shopping!

For all of my American peeps, have a kick ass Thanksgiving!! This year I am thankful for 3 healthy children who keep me stepping and a husband who adores me! I also am incredibly thankful for all of you. As cliche as it sounds, I can't imagine my life without all of you and I thank God everyday for the success I am having in the beauty world and the loyal people who come with it!! I tell you guys all the time how much I love you and I honestly do! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the inspiration, encouragement and friendship that you have all brought into my life! I'm thoroughly enjoying every second of the roller coaster ride that is Young Wild and Polished!!

Phew, this was a long one....lol that's what she said....sorry....couldn't resist.

Happy Polishing dolls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment