Sunday, March 3, 2013

Massive Indie Polish Spam...Someone Get That Girl a Xanax!

Hi lovebugs, did we all enjoy our weekend?  This is the first of 2 times you will hearing from this girl tonight.  If you guys follow me on Instagram you saw that I posted like a boss this weekend!  Lots of fun gorgeous indie polishes to swatch and review.  I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I did!!

I have realized something this weekend while swatching all of these divine polishes....I am a freaking lunatic. Well, we all knew that but I mean seriously like a lunatic.  When I put a really good polish on I turn into a crazy woman.  I start breathing heavy and I can't get the keys on my phone to move fast enough so I can get that sex kitten up on IG.  Does anyone else have this reaction or am I just a mental patient all by myself?






To read all about these beauties and see more pictures, click on the "Read More" button....my first jump break....eeeek!!!!

First off let me say a few things so I don't have to keep repeating myself....I used 2 coats for each of these polishes unless I specify otherwise.  I also used Seche Vite as a topcoat on everything.  Ok, enjoy away!!

The first brand I want to discuss with you good people today is GG Couture.  The shop is owned by my friend Gabrielle and let me tell you what, she has some amazing polishes!  I was quite excited to try this brand for the first but certainly not the last time!

First up we have Anything Could Happen:






Yummmm!  Anything Could Happen is a gorgeous deep shimmery purple that I totally am digging. Noone says "digging" anymore, I've decided I'm bringing it back, starting right now!  Anyway, ACH has an amazing formula.  I needed 2 coats for full opacity.  No dragging, no spottiness, just a hot mama polish that I totes am putting on my toes tonight!


Time to Pretend:






Time To Pretend is a shimmery deep orange that I totally fell in love with.  I must admit that when I first saw this, I groaned and put it at the end of my swatching line.  I am so sorry I did that because I absolutely love it!  She is super deep, almost a burnt orange with a sick amount of gold shimmer.  I literally died when I put this on.  To add to the awesome factor, this baby is 1 coat.  Yep, 1 flippin coat!!! I don't know how Gabrielle got this polish to be so opaque with only 1 coat, but that is why she is making the polish and I simply am talking about how much I love them!

This polish reminds me so much of fall and I cannot wait to wear it for those Autumn holidays I love so much!!  Wonderful formula, beautiful color!  Will I ever be forgiven for doubting this little lady?


The next brand we are peepin tonight is Urban Lacquer.  This brand is fairly new to me and these 2 babies were the first UL's that I had ever tried.  I must say I am quite impressed!

Swanky Panky:






First off, I love the name....Swanky Panky, come on, how cute is that?  This baby is such a stunner!  A shimmery purple polish with multicolored glitters running throughout, how can you go wrong with that combo?  She was a little on the thin side so I did layer this over Nicole by OPI (Selena Gomez Collection) Love Song.  It was the perfect base for this sparkly little vixen.  Glitter payoff was good, I didn't have to do any fishing. I  certainly will be paying better attention to the Urban Lacquer store in Etsy if this is any indication of what Brenda is hiding over there!  Also....Brenda is super sweet!  I know this doesn't matter when making a decision on what polish to buy but I would much rather give my hard earned money to someone who I like rather than some old hussy with an attitude. 

Macro shot of Swanky Panky:




The Mistress:






I just had to do a glitter gradient with The Mistress.  This little sexpot is filled with hot pink and metallic glitter of different shapes (the hot pink circles had me at hello).  You will see this baby coming from a mile away.  I absolutely loved how this gradient turned out.  I will have a YouTube tutorial coming up showing how I did this exact look so stay tuned for that. My base color was China Glaze Pink-ie Promise, a pretty baby pink with just a hint of shimmer.

The formula on The Mistress was great!  I feel like a broken record tonight, but I honestly had such a good weekend polish wise, I totally adored everything I reviewed!  I didn't have any issues with glitter placement, they went where I told em to, as good glitters do!  Definitely a fan, my Etsy list is growing by the day.  Damn you amazing polish makers, damn youuuuu...

Here's a macro shot of all that sexiness....




For our final feature of the night let's say hello to Mod Lacquer:






Sonova.....another awesome polish, good Lord, my poor mother is getting roughed up today!  For those of you not aware, mama smacking is something we do here at YWP.  When I see a good polish I sometimes am known to beat my mother, my children, other people's children, a random baby....and I certainly beat some serious ass over this one!  ( I don't hurt animals, come on people I do have limits, sheesh)

This baby is packing some serious shimmer!  I don't own anything like this and that is saying something!  Bright green but deep green at the same time, don't ask me how she did it because I am at a loss.  I don't even have words for how sick this polish looked with my skin.  Sick like hell yes, give me more, not sick like, anyone have a trash can, I got's the bug. And the amount of gold shimmer in this little beauty is crazy.  So so gorgeous, just freaking crazy stupid gorgeous!


And last but not least we have my favorite of the weekend.....

Dreamland:






Really?  Really Jennifer....are you trying to give me a heart attack?  We all know I die for purple polish but purple polish with an amazing formula and crazy holo shimmer dancing through it?  I just can't take it, my heart can't take the excitement.

I knew when I saw Dreamland that I was going to be in love but I didn't know how deep this love would run.  I almost stopped swatching last night and kept this hot mama on.  I think I died inside a little when I had to remove her.  The beautiful opaque purple mixed with all that crazy holo just sent me over the edge.  Perfect color, perfect formula, easily on my top 10 list for 2013, no doubt about it!


All of these beauties can be purchased on Etsy.  I linked them all above.  

I can honestly say I truly am so honored to have been given the chance to review each of these babies.  As I said I had such an amazing polish weekend.  One polish was more beautiful than the next.  Totally in love with every single one of these polishes and their creators.  I'm so happy to be in the company of such bad ass women!

Hope you guys enjoyed this super long (phew) post!  I had a ball playing with all these lovelies!!

Happy Polishing sexpots.

























No comments:

Post a Comment