Sunday, December 30, 2012

Selena Gomez for NOPI....and a milestone!

I posted a few days ago from my phone not realizing that it was my 100th post!  That crappy little post I did doesn't deserve to be my big 100th so we are going to pretend it never happened and celebrate today.  (No comments from the peanut gallery)

I will be posting twice today, first with some of the new Selena Gomez for NOPI Collection and later with some favorites and resolutions!

Today we will take a look at 4 pretty little ladies....

Hit the Lights:


 
 

 
 

 
 
 
Ahhh, a bright saturated yellow, sign me up!  Of course this one was a little finicky, it's yellow after all.  But overall it was pretty darn good.  There was a little pulling and streaking but that is to be expected.  3 careful coats and we were all good!  I love this color with my skin tone!  I have to be careful of yellow with my olive complexion but this is definitely one I will be grabbing come summer time!  This little beauty also will be great for nail art!  I can easily say I don't have another color like this in my enormous collection, and that is saying something!
 
Above pics are 3 coats, no topcoat. 
 
 

Pretty in Plum:

 
 

 
 

 
 
Ok, before I say anything, let me just get this out in the open....this gorgeous sexy mama is a 1 coater, yes a 1 coater.  I used 2 but I really didn't need to and now I wish I wouldn't have.  I was just so enamored with this color, and the formula was so perfect that I wanted to keep playing with it.
 
I'm a sucker for a deep sexy plum color like this.  I love the way it looks with my skin tone and I love how easily this polish applied.  Definitely a favorite of this collection!
 
2 thin coats no topcoat.  As I said, you could easily get away with 1 coat.
 
 

Love Song:


 
 

 
 
 
Love song is a creamy easy purple that went on like buttah baby!  I was disappointed at the lack of shimmer once the polish is on the nail.  What is seen in the bottle definitely does not translate to the nail.  This one reminded me of a mix between Essie Play Date and Sation Tardy Tart. 
 
I'm not jumping for joy over this one, just your basic pretty purple polish.  Above pics are 2 coats, no topcoat.
 
 

Selena:

 
 


 
 

 
 

 
Finally, we have a mama slapper.  After I slapped my mammy into next week, I did a backflip and stuck the mother lovin landing!  I LOVE THIS COLOR!!  The formula on this one was really good, there was a tiny bit of pulling but nothing that I couldn't fix with a 3rd coat.  Creamy, saturated, bright, yes, yes, where do I sign up for more of these babies??
 
 
Easily my favorite of the bunch.  3 coats, no topcoat.
 
 
I was so thrilled with Selena that I couldn't bear to take her off without first doing a little nail art.  After all this swatching, I was dying to pull out some tape, a dotter, anything, please just let me do some nail art!!!
 


 
 

 
 

 
 
Isn't this just adorable?  I was pleasantly surprised how well this turned out. 
 
After topcoating Selena with Seche Vite, I added a little striping tape.  Love Song was my choice for 2nd polish and she served me well.  I was a little worried how well she would cover, but I had absolutely no issues.
 
And yes, I did slap a mama after this one....my mother was already laid up from the Selena incident so I just picked a random to abuse.  I feel much better now!
 
 
There you have it kids, the beginning and probably my favorites of this collection.  I will have the rest for you in the coming days, along with the new Modern Family Collection and the Mariah Carey for OPI Line.  Wow, the polish Gods have been busy lately!
 
I'm pretty darn proud of myself for making it to 100 posts!  In my extremely busy life, finding the time to blog shows me just how much I love doing it and just how much it means to me.  It may just be nail polish to some, but this whole experience has been so much more for me.  I have said it before but I am in such an elite class of women and I am so happy to be sharing this ride with them all!
 
Watch for my Top 20 polishes of 2012 coming up later!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Great swatches and congrats on the milestone! I can't wait to try the Selena polishes, Hit the Lights looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete