Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Long Overdue Water Marble....and a Super Exciting Story!!

Happy Sunday loves, is it wrong that I spent my entire day bitching about the fact that tomorrow is Monday.  So not only do I have to wake up to Monday, but Monday is now ruining my Sunday.  Damn you Monday!!

I can't remember if I told you all the story of how I got into nail art...so if I did, too bad, listen up, you're about to be blessed with my super exciting story yet again.

I was just a regular nail polish person...I painted my nails like once a week, month, whenever I got to it.  I had maybe 15 polishes to choose from, very basic is color.  My best friend showed me a picture on Pinterest of water marbled nails.  I was totally in love.  I looked it up, deciding, hey I can do that!  So I dug into my very shallow polish basket and got to work. 

1200 polishes and a bunch of amazing new friends later, and here we are.  I have had the greatest experience since I started blogging and I couldn't be more inspired and motivated to take my love for all things polish to the next level!  I am even thinking about going for my license to do nails! 

The point of all this is that marbling is what got me here, marbling is my first love, so consider this my ode to the marble!



 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
If you haven't done so yet, please proceed to the nearest momma and smack that ho silly!
 
I seriously need to invest in a lightbox and a serious camera!  I am getting photoshop tomorrow so that should help a little bit. 
 
I used polishes from the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Collection- Planks a Lot, Sparrow Me the Drama and Mermaid's Tears.  I found these little gems at Marshall's and TJ Maxx recently!  I have been lemming them for a long time so I was thrilled to get my manicured little paws on them!  On my ring and pinky finger I have 2 coats of Mermaid's Tears.  I topped everything with one coat of Northern Lights Topcoat. 
 
I have been neglecting water marbling lately so it felt good to do this!  It will always be my one true love!  I know people have trouble with it, but honestly, on days when I am stumped on what to do or short on time, I know I can bust out a 2 handed marble within 15 minutes! 
 
I have a hard time with many forms of nail art (have you seen my gradients?) but marbling has always come very easy to me.  I am very thankful for that because I think if I would have tried this and failed, I may have been totally discouraged from trying anything else.  Bottom line, I wouldn't be here blogging to you all today!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. absolutely obsessed with your marbles and dotted flowers!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I've never tried water marbling before (because I'm a big coward and am hopeless with nail art, haha), but I love how it looks SO much. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colours together! 1200 polishes?! Geeze I remember when you had a lowly 700 a few months back ;) You go girl! Now, I have to go find my momma... she has a slap or two coming her way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow! That hurts. lol Your nails look fabulous Dahling! One of these days I'm gonna try marbling again. I've only had 1 out of 3 tries be something that didn't look like cat puke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are just bliss. I love reading your posts, you always make me lough so much. I'm from Argentina and here we do not have such great polishes (only major brands like CG, OPI, Dior, Chanel, Revlon etc, but no Zoya, Essie or Orly) so I really enjoy your swatches. You help me decide whenever I need to choose a polish to buy at e-bay.I also follow you in twitter, your work is such an inspiration. Keep on showing the world your amazing nails! XOXO

    Polly

    ReplyDelete