Thursday, September 13, 2012

30 Day Challenge Day 13--Animal Print

Ever have something not turn out nearly as good as you envisioned it in your head?  Yeah, welcome to my world.  I'm not really a huge fan of animal print, I mean I like it to wear in bits and pieces but whenever I imagine it on my nails, I picture Snooki and really long fan like nails.  That may look lovely on some people but it's certainly not my cup of tea.  But I had done a leopard print a while ago and it turned out really cute so I thought I'd give it another shot.  There was only one problem.....the spots were too big and we went from leopard to Bessie the cow faster than you can say moo....









Different sized pictures seems to be my thing, eh?


I'm not saying I don't like them, because I kind of do but I feel the insatiable urge to moo and have a little bite of grass whenever I look at them.  I think if I would have made the spots smaller like I did in the past I wouldn't feel so "cow-ie" (new word of the day) right now.  

I used China Glaze Splish Splash for my base color.  It's not exactly an untried, but I haven't used it in a while.  It is one of my favorite blue polishes.  The formula is not the best, it's a little spotty and requires 3 coats but the end result is very pretty!  The dots were made with Milani High Speed Fast Dry White on the Spot and Sinful Colors Black on Black.  If you haven't used this Sinful black, you should give it a try.  It really is a nice glossy black and the formula is pretty amazing for being an inexpensive drug store polish.  

I have seen some people do their outline first (the black part) and then fill in their color (the white part).  I do the opposite.  I find it easier to start by making your spots because you have a little more freedom to make them different shapes and not just straight up circles.  I just use the polish brush of whatever color I am using to make the spots.  Then I take my thinnest dotting tool, (you could use the end of a bobby pin), and I dip it into a little polish I have poured out and make my lines.  I try to leave some space in between to get the look not so uniform.  It's actually very simple.  This was a quick mani for me, I cannot get caught up with life so I apologize for not spending more time on this one.

Do you guys like this design?  I'm still on the fence with this one, maybe if I "moo" a little more it'll grow on me?!

Happy Polishing!



No comments:

Post a Comment