Monday, August 13, 2012

Pretty and Polished Tart and a little something extra!

Hi lovely lacquer lovers, hope the start of your week is fan-flippin-tastic!  I got so much accomplished this weekend with my nail polish stash list and new nail art, so I feel pretty darn good about myself.

So this past friday I came home to the most beautiful sight....a little package that held 3 little bottles of heavenly goodness. The first little piece of heavenly goodness I am going to share with you is Tart. If you have been living under a rock and have never heard of Chels or Pretty n Polished you must check her out. Her polishes are wonderful, and they apply like a dream!  I wanted to add a little spice to Tart but I wanted it to be something unexpected. This is what I came up with.....












Do you like the crazy combo I decided on? I almost went with pastels, but I thought that was too predictable and I felt like living on the edge. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I didn't know if the black would go with Tart but I actually really like the way it looks. I used OPI Alpine Snow as my white base and Essie Licorice for my black dots. (This is an awesome polish for dotting.)


A few people on Instagram asked me what I use to do my dots. I have a set of 5 dotters that I ordered on the internet. I use these babies all the time! They cost me less than $10, shipping included and they are probably my most used nail art tool. If you have any intentions of dotting, even just here and there, I would highly suggest getting a set of dotters. A bobby pin also works pretty well, if you don't want to spend money on dotters. (everyone has bobby pins laying around the house right?)

On a totally unrelated note....my garden has been taken over by praying mantis' this summer. We have had hundreds of them all over. Check out this monster that I found in our butterfly bush over the weekend. 


I think he's been eating his wheaties!



Hope you guys enjoyed....I have more Pretty and Polished colors coming up later this week!! 













No comments:

Post a Comment